About the Ibn Rochd Foundation :
The Ibn Rochd Foundation for Science and Innovation is a non-profit association under Moroccan law whose purpose is to promote education, academic excellence and scientific research and to support Morocco's development ambition.
The Ibn Rochd Foundation for Science and Innovation aims to support young Moroccans who are pursuing doctoral studies in the world's most prestigious universities and institutions, through its "SEEDS Initiative" scholarship program.
This program was born out of a desire to place Morocco among the countries giving priority to scientific research. Through the SEEDS Initiative, UM6P aims to build an international network of young Moroccan researchers, future leaders in their fields, experts of the continent and committed to this emerging Africa.
With a view to promoting academic excellence, boosting scientific research and supporting Morocco's development ambitions, the SEEDS Initiative aims to
- Encourage the most talented Moroccan students to conduct research projects or postgraduate studies in areas related to high-impact activities and themes for Morocco and Africa in institutions or pathways of excellence,
- Prepare the next generation of scientists and researchers to feed the talent pool,
- Build a network of Moroccan scientists with a sense of community.
Throughout their career, SEEDS will be regularly invited to share their expertise with UM6P researchers and to promote the development of UM6P students through their contributions to various training activities, student coaching, etc.
Applications to SEEDS Initiative are open to students of Moroccan nationality meeting the following conditions
1- Academic excellence: to be admitted, for the subject of doctoral research, in one of the international institutions of excellence referenced in the top 20 of the last QS World University Ranking in force at the opening date of the application campaign
2- Social situation: evaluation of the applicant's ability to finance his/her studies by a study of his/her parents' income.
The application process is open from April 01 to June 15, 2021.
Before gathering the supporting documents, we invite you to check if you are eligible for the program: Eligibility requirements.
1 - Constitution of the file :
In order to evaluate your application, we thank you for sending us the following elements:
- Completed application form (in physical and electronic form) : Application form
Word version : https://bit.ly/3dUvzHA
- Curriculum Vitae
- CNIE scan or passport identity page
- Letter of admission to the targeted program
- Certificate of schooling
- A letter of motivation addressed to the scholarship committee explaining the applicant's professional projects and how the targeted program will allow him/her to achieve them
- A letter summarizing your proposed contribution to developing strong links with the Mohamed 6 Polytechnic University (UM6P) and promoting its international influence
- Two letters of recommendation
- Presentation of the defined or envisaged thesis subject
- Declaration on the candidate's honor attesting that he/she does not have the necessary funds to pursue the target curriculum
- Declaration of the student's global income tax
- Family Status:
o Copies of all pages of the family record book
o Comprehensive tax returns from both parents (including non-working parents)
o Three most recent wage statements from both parents (or certificate of inactivity if applicable)
o Declaration of the parents' inability to finance the applicant's education
o Certificate of inactivity - if applicable
In order to guarantee the exchanges related to the selection process, we invite the candidates to transmit a valid and regularly consulted email address.
2- Sending the application :
- Once completed, the application file must be sent by e-mail to [email protected]
And by post to the address: Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150 - Ibn Rochd Foundation for Science and Innovation
- The deadline for sending the application is June 15, 2021 at 23:59
Any application received via another channel or after this deadline will not be considered.
Candidates who have submitted incomplete applications are invited to complete them within a given time limit. If they fail to do so, the application will be automatically rejected.
3- Key dates for the 2021 campaign
01 April - 15 June: Submission of applications
June 01 - June 15: Closing of the application eligibility phase
June 15-July 15: Review of eligible applications and video-conference interviews for selected candidates
The final results will be communicated by e-mail on July 30, 2021.
Important : Only applications that meet the above criteria will be processed, especially those that are enrolled in one of the top 20 institutions in the QS World University Ranking 2021. This call is addressed to candidates wishing to apply or already admitted to a PhD research program on a to