Materials Science and Nanoengineering (MSN)
The Materials Science and Nanoengineering Department (MSN) is a research, education and innovation entity within UM6P. It is composed of 5 divisions: Energy Efficiency; Surface Technology; Polymers and Composites; Phosphates and Sustainability; and Metallurgy. All divisions share state of the art laboratories and mutual spaces to encourage interdisciplinarity and innovation.
- To develop a culture of transformation that embeds innovation in research and education while promoting solution development and entrepreneurship (adapted to Moroccan and African challenges)
- To establish MSN as the materials science and engineering strategic partner of OCP
Our mission is to build a research, education and innovation department that addresses local regional and African challenges and provides scientific solutions that have social, economic and environmental impact.
- Focus on applied research that benefits the local, national and African challenges while building capacities within the University.
- Develop efficient educational and pedagogical models based on problem-based learning approaches and implement them in MSN’s academic programs.
- Encourage innovation and entrepreneurship through interdisciplinarity, training programs and bootcamps.
The four scientific divisions of MSN are as follows:
- Phosphates and by-products
- Polymers and composites
- Energy materials
- Surface technology