Information and precautions of the UM6P related to COVID-19
Update – March 17th, 2020 - 5.30 p.m.
As part of our response to the evolving COVID-19 situation and to contribute to the momentum of national solidarity spurred by His Majesty King Mohammed VI for the fight against CO-VID19, and beside the contribution of the OCP Group which grants a donation of 3 billion dirhams , Mohammed VI Polytechnic University will make it’s digital ressources and it's e-learning know-how in the country’s disposal.
Information and precautions of the UM6P related to CO-VID19:
The Mohammed VI Polytechnic University has decided to create this page for students, teachers, collaborators, and parents but also the general public in order to provide all the answers to legitimate questions related to the activity on the UM6P campus in Benguerir.
Closure of the UM6P campus from Monday March 16, 2020 until further notice.
Following the directives of the Moroccan authorities, aiming to ensure a reinforced control of any risk of propagation of COVID-19, it was decided to close the UM6P Campus and its annexes (researcher villas and experimental farm) until further notice.
The following are affected by this decision: professors, doctoral students, post-docs, interns, and all of the University’s administrative staff.
- We recall that as of Avril 2nd 2020, 676 positive cases have been identified in Morocco.
- No case has been identified at UM6P or in the city of Benguerir
It is the responsibility of all of us today to take all necessary measures and precautions to protect ourselves and others from the CO-VID19 virus.
UM6P Monitoring Committee:
A monitoring and consultation committee was created on Tuesday, March 3, and have daily meetings to anticipate and provide solutions to all health and academic issues.
This committee works in close collaboration with operational teams, internal experts, study managers, students and professors in order to take the most proportionate decisions to support the entire UM6P community as well as foreign nationals among the employees and students.
Suspension of in-class courses from Monday March 16:
As part of the efforts made by the Kingdom to contain the Corona virus and control its spread, the Ministry of National Education, Professional Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research has decided to suspend the courses face-to-face from Monday, March 16, in all Moroccan schools and universities, public and private, until further notice.
As part of this preventive approach, the Mohammed VI Polytechnic University agrees with this decision and announces the suspension of in-class courses.
This decision involves the departure from the campus of students from all schools and programs (Post-Bac, Masters and alternative training), and the establishment of a digital platform that will allow courses to be followed remotely.
Advanced prevention measures against COVID-19:
In this context, as of Tuesday, March 3, the UM6P has implemented and continues to implement all the necessary measures so that its students and doctoral students can continue their academic career in the best conditions, among these:
• "UM6P Health Center" medical services available 24/7 to the entire UM6P community at one of the three numbers shared internally with everyone.
• Dissemination of hygienic advice via display in hallways and classrooms and various communication tools
• Postponement and / or cancellation of all events and gatherings planned for the next three months within the university until further notice. Following this decision, the Open House Days initially scheduled for March 21 and 22 are also postponed to a later date.
• An invitation to promote digital tools for any meeting, workshop, or training where the presence is not necessary.
• Cancellation of all in-class courses until further notice, effective Monday, March 16, in accordance with government decision.
Reminder of the precautions to be observed :
UM6P reminds that the best way to protect yourself from CO-VID19 is to comply with basic hygiene rules.
For more information :
Ministry of National Education: Campagne de lutte contre le COVID-19
0801004747: Toll free number for citizens