The Benguerir Experimental Mine is an experimental platform for R & D, technology transfer, innovation and learning in the mining industry, aiming to :
- put the mining industry at the forefront of technological progress;
- enable the Profession to conduct R&D projects and trials in an industrial environment;
- Deploy initial training, continuing education, training through research and learning by doing;
- attract technology developers, equipment suppliers and universities for testing and co-developing of new technologies;
- develop an ecosystem through the valorization of the results of R & D, innovation and technology transfer;
The current perimeter of the experimental mine concerns the entire Benguerir mine which covers an area of 3,300 km²
The objective of the Benguerir experimental mine is to develop innovative solutions in the field of the mining industry, able to meet the technological and socio-economic challenges of OCP and the African continent with regard to the following themes:
- Geological exploration
- Extraction, beneficiation and exploitation of the ore
- Environment, rehabilitation and sustainability
- Training and skills development
In order to operationalize the Experimental Mine projects related to the phosphate industry are being implemented. These projects fall under the following themes: management and information system, Artificial Intelligence, automation and autonomous driving, advanced maintenance, mining rehabilitation & sustainability, online measurement and development of new technologies.
The Benguerir Experimental Mine, as a Living Lab, is now open on its national and African ecosystem, including the launch of the Mining Challenge program and the organization of thematic events such as the “ African Mining Industry : challenges & Sustainability ”.