I- Bachelor Degree In Hospitality And Business Management
- School / Department:
The School of Architecture, Planning & Design (SAP + D) seeks to be a center of innovation in Architecture, Planning and Design through education and research that meet the needs of Africa and Morocco. The School aims to contribute to sustainable architectural and urban development at the African and national levels by exploring geographical, social, cultural and environmental contexts.
4-year Undergraduate Program in Hospitality Business and Management, composed of:
- 1-year Preparatory Year in Hospitality (including a 1-semester operational internship)
- 3-year Bachelor Program (including a 1-semester administrative internship)
The maximum duration for a student to complete the program is 5 years
- Mode of Instruction:
- Degree required upon admission:
- Degree granted upon completion:
Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University
- Program Start Date:
II- Programme Objectives
By the end of the Bachelor’s Degree, graduates will be able to:
- Recognize and interpret the different trends, challenges and scenarios in the hospitality and tourism industries
- Explain the foundation and conceptual framework of hospitality businesses, from operational to managerial perspectives
- Explain the role and impacts of businesses in the development of environmental, social and financial sustainability
- Analyze human psychology in decision making, career development and business management
- Identify the dynamics of hospitality (stakeholders) and the career opportunities it offers
- Develop critical thinking skills through a foundation of broad and varied academic fields of study
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions, solve problems and think critically in hospitality business related scenarios
- Negotiate and discuss hospitality business related issues with confident and ease
- Undertake tasks and responsibilities with quality and spirit of pride, service and excellence
- Demonstrate effective management and operational techniques in hospitality operations (hotel, F&B, events etc.)
- Apply effective verbal and non-verbal communication to ensure delivering the right impression and impact when dealing with clients and colleagues
- Embrace hospitality as a form of attitude and experience applicable to other sectors
- Elaborate adequate behaviors and attitudes in different professional and cultural situations
Dr. Erdogan EKIZDean of the School of Hospitality Business and Management
Dr. Erdogan EKIZ is the Dean of the School of Hospitality Business and Management. He previously held an Associate Professor position at King Abdulaziz University, Faculty of Tourism, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, where he served as Director of both Postgraduate Studies and International Relations and Agreements Unit.
Dr. Ekiz completed his Ph.D. on tourism and hospitality management at the School of Hotel and Tourism Management at Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He has a B.Sc. in tourism and hotel management and an M.B.A. in services marketing from Eastern Mediterranean University in North Cyprus. He is a ‘Certified Hospitality Educator’ (CHE) from American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute and ‘Qualified Learning Facilitator’ (QLF) from École hôtelière de Lausanne. He is an ‘Advanced Trainer’ with Distinction of International Air Transport Association (IATA). He has over 17 years of teaching experience in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Cyprus, Turkey, Malaysia and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
IV- Partner Institutions
Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne, Switzerland. EHL has been ranked world’s No. 1 hospitality management school.
The Bachelor Programme last 3 years and it is composed of 6 semesters, including 1 industry internship. In addition, a 2 semester Preparatory Year, including 1 industry internship is required before starting the Bachelor programme.
This preparatory year is optional for students who have proof of the necessary prerequisites: at least 400 hours of practical experience in hospitality or gastronomy and practical service knowledge according to the course content of semester 1.
In order to achieve the Bachelor, students need to study at least 3 years (Bachelor Programme).
The Programme has been made with the following principles:
- Hands on learning and maximum of interactivity
- To ensure best employability rate after graduatioN
- Maximum interaction and exchanges between students and professionals during internships
- Acquire adaptive level of IT and foreign languages
- Year 1: Preparatory
Semester 1 & 2 focus on providing students with practical experience and knowledge. They include Kitchen, Food & Beverage, Rooms Division, Business Basics, Language and Terminology modules as well as specific topics such as Hygiene and Safety, followed by an operational internship in the hospitality industry.
- Year 2: Foundation
Semester 3 & 4 are composed of modules laying out the Foundation of Hospitality Management and Tourism Management, modules providing business tools such as Accounting, Microeconomics and Computer Applications, an Introduction to Marketing and again specific topics such as Legal and Ethics, Performance in the Workplace, along with the complementary language modules.
- Year 3: Determination
Semester 5 is geared towards applied management, business analysis and the strengthening of marketing knowledge supplemented by communication and culture modules and the choice of one elective amongst the following: Developing Entrepreneurial projects, Event Management and Managing the Travel Business. It is followed by an administrative internship within the hospitality industry which makes up for the 6th semester.
- Year 4: In-depth
Semester 7 & 8 aim to deepen the students’ knowledge through integrated business analysis, integrated hospitality and tourism management, advanced management and marketing strategy. Two specialization will be chosen among the following: Trends in Hospitality Franchising, Design and Financing new touristic products, Advanced International travel Management, Trends and innovation in Hospitality, Leadership & Professional Development. Complementary modules include Project Management, Cross Cultural Management. An Integrated Project in Hospitality / Tourism concludes the fourth year.
II- Learning Values And Philosophy Of The Um6p School Of Hospitality Business And Management
- Promote learning and not teaching
- The importance of learning how to learn
- Learning with a critical eye, to know when and where to seek additional information
- Adapting the knowledge to different circumstances and to complement it with multiple sources that can provide insight for better decisions
- Guiding students to grow into self-conscious and constructive adults, thus, holding students accountable for learning
- Learning by doing
- Engaging in in-depth investigations with objects, materials, phenomena, and ideas and drawing meaning and understanding from those experiences
- Curriculum is an instrument or tool for prediction, problem solving and action
- That is demands dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations
I- Admission Criteria
Admission is opened to candidates holding a higher secondary education diploma with a good basic knowledge of English.
II- Application Process
Applications are accessible online. Students will be asked to submit their academic transcripts and essays.
Following this initial selection process, students will be invited to take a language test and attend an on-site interview.
III- Talent Profile
- Strong academic records in required subjects
- Critical thinking & decision making
- Open-minded with an international outlook
- Teamwork orientation and fostering motivation
- Motivated with a cheerful attitude
IV- Tuition And Housing Fees
- Annual tuition fees for the academic year 2019 – 2020 are 75,000 dhs
- Costs for accommodation on campus.
- Scholarships and financial aid can be granted, under conditions, to support excellent students who do not have the necessary personal means.