BACHELOR DEGREE IN HOSPITALITY AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- School / Department :
School of Hospitality Business and Management (SHBM), an Associate Member of the EHL Network of Certified Schools. EHL has been ranked world’s No. 1 hospitality management school.
- Duration :
4-year Undergraduate Program in Hospitality Business and Management, composed of:
1-year Preparatory Year in Hospitality (including a 1-semester operational internship)
3-year Bachelor Program (including a 1-semester administrative internship)
The maximum duration for a student to complete the program is 5 years
- Mode of Instruction:
- Degree required upon admission:
- Degree granted upon completion:
Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University
- Program Start Date
By the end of the Bachelor’s Degree, graduates will be able to:
- Recognize and interpret the different trends, challenges and scenarios in the hospitality and tourism industries
- Explain the foundation and conceptual framework of hospitality businesses, from operational to managerial perspectives
- Explain the role and impacts of businesses in the development of environmental, social and financial sustainability
- Analyze human psychology in decision making, career development and business management
- Identify the dynamics of hospitality (stakeholders) and the career opportunities it offers
- Develop critical thinking skills through a foundation of broad and varied academic fields of study
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions, solve problems and think critically in hospitality business related scenarios
- Negotiate and discuss hospitality business related issues with confident and ease
- Undertake tasks and responsibilities with quality and spirit of pride, service and excellence
- Demonstrate effective management and operational techniques in hospitality operations (hotel, F&B, events etc.)
- Apply effective verbal and non-verbal communication to ensure delivering the right impression and impact when dealing with clients and colleagues
- Embrace hospitality as a form of attitude and experience applicable to other sectors
- Elaborate adequate behaviors and attitudes in different professional and cultural situations
De. Erdogan EKIZ is the Dean of the School of Hospitality Business and Management. He previously held an Associate Professor position at King Abdulaziz University, Faculty of Tourism, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, where he served as Director of both Postgraduate Studies and International Relations and Agreements Unit.
Dr. Ekiz completed his Ph.D. on tourism and hospitality management at the School of Hotel and Tourism Management at Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He has a B.Sc. in tourism and hotel management and an M.B.A. in services marketing from Eastern Mediterranean University in North Cyprus. He is a ‘Certified Hospitality Educator’ (CHE) from American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute and ‘Qualified Learning Facilitator’ (QLF) from École hôtelière de Lausanne. He is an ‘Advanced Trainer’ with Distinction of International Air Transport Association (IATA). He has over 17 years of teaching experience in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Cyprus, Turkey, Malaysia and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne, Switzerland. EHL has been ranked world’s No. 1 hospitality management school.