Master’s program in Data Science and Decision Support
Accredited by The Ministry of National Education, Vocational Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research.
• School / Department : Complex Systems Engineering and Human Systems
• Duration: 2 years / 4 semesters / 1200 hours
• Mode of Instruction: Full time, Initial training
• Language(s): French & English
• Degree required upon admission: BACCALAUREATE (HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA) +3
• Degree granted upon completion: BACCALAUREATE (HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA) +5
• Training Venue : Mohammed VI Polytechnic University – Benguerir
• Program Start Date: September 2019
Data Science is a new discipline that relies heavily on mathematical modeling, statistics, computing and visualization. It seeks to transform large amounts of data into relevant knowledge. This shift from data to knowledge carries many scientific and technological challenges that require an interdisciplinary approach. This science is fast growing, in the academic world as well as in the private sector and the public sector.
The Master’s program, Data Science and Decision Support (SDAD), aims to train future high-level executives or researchers in this field. It proposes to train the students for complete resolution of the problems posed by data from acquisition through till the decision. It is also an introduction to research that provides students with a broad spectrum of skills by training them in advanced techniques of artificial intelligence, algorithmics and data mining.
The courses will be delivered by specialist teachers in the field. To meet excellence, UM6P has developed a network of successful collaborations with national and international universities.
Moreover, through these collaborations and the research agreements that the various stakeholders in this project develop with national or international partners, the candidates should acquire solid knowledge and a broad and pragmatic vision of fundamental and applied problems that researchers and engineers face on a daily basis.
Also, the opening of this Master will enable the various speakers to focus their efforts at the local level and to reinforce UM6P's specific research structures in the field of data sciences and decision support.
The objectives of the master’s program can be summarized as follows:
• Deliver high-level scientific training in the fields of data science and decision support.
• Provide students with a high level of specialization in the field of knowledge extraction from data.
• Allow students to acquire modeling techniques for different real-data problems.
• Provide students with quality basic computer training with additional specialized training in the field of data mining.
• Allow students to acquire the scientific skills needed for their insertion in a research laboratory or in the socio-economic sectors.
The skills targeted by the program as they are spread over the 4 semesters of the master can be summarized in:
• Acquisition of the fundamentals of data science and decision support.
• Acquisition of a general knowledge on the data environment.
• Mastery of data mining and knowledge extraction tools and business intelligence.
• Mastery of data analysis tools.
• Realization and design of decision applications.
• Database Design and Architectural Knowledge
• Initiating students to scientific research in the fields of data science and decision support.
Researchers involved in the training actively develop research themes in the areas of Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Modeling and Simulation of Complex Systems, Decision Support and Computer Science. Theses can then be directed by research professors within their research structure in Morocco and abroad.
In addition to these technical skills, students will also be able to acquire transversal competences in "soft skills" (communication, teamwork and English) and "business skills" (innovation, entrepreneurship, project management, collective intelligence, ...) allowing them to interact effectively in their future working environments.
DIRECTOR OF STUDIES
Ahmed RatnaniProgram Lead
PARTNER INSTITUTIONS AND LABORATORIES
▪ Cadi Ayyad University Marrakech
▪ Paris 13 University, France
▪ Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, France
▪ Université du Littoral Cote d’Opale, France
▪ Hauts de France Polytechnic University
▪ Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour, France
▪ CTU Prague, Czech Republic
▪ IRSN (Institut de radio Sureté et de protection Nucléaire, France
▪ University of Durham, UK
▪ Ecole Normal Supérieur Paris Saclay, France
▪ Mohamed V University, Rabat (ENSIAS)
▪ EST d’Essaouira, Maroc
▪ AbdelMalek Essaadi University (FST Tanger, ENSA Tangier)