Master’s Program in Advanced Hybrid Modeling and Scientific Computing
Accredited by The Ministry of National Education, Vocational Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research.
• School / Department: Complex Systems Engineering and Human Systems
• Duration: 2 years / 4 semesters / 1,200 hours
• Mode of Instruction: Full time, Graduate
• Language(s): French & English
• Degree required upon admission: BACCALAUREATE (HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA)+3
• Degree granted upon completion: BACCALAUREATE (HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA) +5
• Training Venue: Mohammed VI Polytechnic University – Benguerir
• Upcoming Start: September 2019
Today, modern industry relies on a wide range of infrastructures, institutions and technologies, combined with a wide range of heterogeneous elements such as the human factor, hardware and software, and many engineering disciplines, mainly mechanics, electricity, electronics, human and social sciences, etc.
The complexity of systems involved has dramatically increased in recent years. As a result, there is a growing demand for complex system modeling expertise as a prerequisite for the comprehension, maintenance, optimal exploitation and deepening of the development of these systems.
For development and industrial competitiveness, it is primordial that to train a new generation of researchers mastering engineering sciences, applied mathematics and computer science, able to build tools adopting new scientific approaches based on modeling and scientific computing to solve more and more complex problems in science and engineering is a prerequisite for development and industrial competitiveness.
The objective of this course is to develop scientific skills in advanced hybrid modeling and scientific computing such as the following:
▪ Analyze needs and translate them into modeling;
▪ Analyze, model, identify and simulate systems;
▪ Define, implement, integrate and verify / validate systems;
▪ Think rigorously, organize, coordinate, initiate collaborative work, negotiate, individual initiative and autonomy;
▪ Communicate in written and oral form.
In addition to these technical skills, students will also be able to acquire transversal competences in "soft skills" (communication, teamwork and English) and "business skills" (innovation, entrepreneurship, project management, collective intelligence, ...) allowing them to interact effectively in their future working environments.
DIRECTOR OF STUDIES
M. Fayssal BenkhaldounDIRECTOR OF STUDIES
Fayssal Benkhaldoun is an outstanding class full professor in Applied Mathematics at UM6P and University Paris 13. He carried out several industrial projects. He is the head of the Modeling and Scientific Computing team of LAGA / UP13. Several times Director of Studies, Chairman of Institute administration council, President of board of scientists and Head of International Relations Office. His teaching has covered all academic levels from L1 to PhD through INSA Rouen, several DEA and Masters in France, the Maghreb, Africa and other parts of the world. His research interests include Numerical Engineering Sciences, Computational Geometry and Complex Data Structures, Hyperbolic Systems and Adaptive Finite Volume Methods. He has published more than one hundred papers, supervised twenty doctoral and RDH dissertations as well as a hundred master's and engineering projects.
PARTNER INSTITUTIONS AND LABORATORIES
▪ Cadi Ayyad University Marrakech
▪ Paris 13 University, France
▪ Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, France
▪ Université du Littoral Cote d’Opale, France
▪ Hauts de France Polytechnic University
▪ Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour, France
▪ CTU Prague, Czech Republic
▪ IRSN (Institut de radio Sureté et de protection Nucléaire, France
▪ University of Durham, UK
▪ Ecole Normal Supérieur Paris Saclay, France
▪ Mohamed V University, Rabat (ENSIAS)
▪ EST d’Essaouira, Maroc
▪ AbdelMalek Essaadi University (FST Tanger, ENSA Tangier)